We plan using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) 'Development Matters' framework and equip all children with broad and balanced learning experiences across the seven areas of learning and development.
Through our Curriculum it is our aim that children:
- Have access to first-hand, practical experiences based upon play, communication and exploration of activities.
- Have opportunity to learn through high-quality, well-organised and stimulating indoor and outdoor learning environments.
- Have a quality education that is integrated with quality care.
- Are able to enjoy early learning as part of a lifelong process.
- Have a learning experience which fully involves their parent/carer and provides opportunities for them to learn and develop together.
- Develop strong self-esteem and motivation.
- Spend their time with professional, caring staff who are early years trained and who frequently and critically examine their own practice in order to improve.
- Have teachers and early childhood educators who undertake frequent training and development.
- Have equality of opportunity.
- Have access to learning opportunities that are based upon ongoing assessment of what they already know and can do.
- Have their different needs respected and planned for.
- Develop as active learners and creative and critical thinkers.
- Grow in confidence.
- Establish successful relationships with adults and peers.
Teaching and Learning
Our teachers and Early Years Practitioners use information about experience and achievement to set well-grounded developmentally appropriate expectations for children.
Throughout the children’s time with us staff monitor their progress and achievement to give clear and constructive support to children and their parents/carers.
In each session the Teachers and Early Years Practitioners lead an adult-led learning experience to engage, interest and ignite children's passion for learning. In addition, the children have Key Worker Group sessions at the beginning and end of every session.
Click here for our Curriculum Policy