We are the Family Support Team at Canterbury Nursery School.
We can support with the following:
- Parenting support
- Toilet training hints and tips
- Mental Health & wellbeing support
- Support in registering for Doctors/Dentists
- Application for 30 hours free nursery education
- Primary school admissions
- SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) support
- Grants for children’s beds and white goods
Tea & Toast Tuesdays at 8.50am & 12.35pm this is held in the family room. All Parents/Carers/younger siblings are welcome.
Alike Minds SEN support group this is held in the Benko building on Friday at 8.45am. No formal diagnosis is needed, everyone is welcome.
Refreshments are served and there is no charge for either group.
We are also able to provide further support called “Early Help”.
Early Help is the term used to describe arrangements and services that respond to the needs of children, young people, and their families as soon as problems start.
Early Help is the support provided for children, young people, and their families to respond when difficulties emerge or to stop problems developing in the future. This support can be provided at any point in a child’s life to stop small problems getting bigger.
Early help support is a partnership approach. All agencies that work with children, young people and families are responsible for listening to your concerns and worries. They will work closely with you to make sure that you and your family get the right support at the right time.
The Family Support team can act as Lead Professional for your family and carry out an assessment to understand in what areas support is needed, for children and their families to thrive. Family meetings can happen either in nursery or in your home.
We can refer to a host of different programmes/agencies,
- Parenting Advice - Family Links, Incredible Years, and the Cygnet programme (SEN)
- Henry – Health Exercise Nutrition for the Really Young
- Debt and Benefits
- Food Parcels – We are a registered referrer and can help you to access this service. We often have a small store of food in supply if you have a short-term crisis. i.e., your benefits have been stopped
- Sign posting to Domestic Abuse organisations.
- Parental conflict
- Bereavement support
- Carers recourse
- Job coaches
Please ask at the office for further information.
If you feel that texting might suit you better. Drop us a text on – 07851-458-502.
*Texts will only be answered during nursery opening hours*