Child Protection and Safeguarding
Canterbury Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every child both inside and outside of the school premises. We implement a whole-school preventative approach to managing safeguarding concerns, ensuring that the well-being of children is at the forefront of all action taken. Below we have provided details of who to contact if you have any concerns regarding a child's welfare or safety.
Our Safeguarding and Child Protection policies and procedures are updated annually and follow the guidance from the governments 'Keeping Children Safe in Education' document.
This guidance can be found by clicking here.
For our full Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy click here, copies are available from reception.
If you are concerned about the safety or welfare of a child in the Bradford District, these are the numbers that you can call for advice and to make a referral:
- During office hours call Children's Social Care Initial Contact Point - 01274 435600 - (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday)
- At all other times, Social Services Emergency Duty Team - 01274 431010
- If you have reason to believe that a child is at immediate risk of harm, contact the police on 999
Click the link below to the new Government guidance on keeping children safe from abuse.
Staff with Safeguarding Responsibilities
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
- Antonia Addison, Senior Practitioner
- Ruth Beddoes, Headteacher
- Emma Woodward, Deputy Headteacher SENDCo
- Claire Collinson, SENDCo Assistant, Family Team and Deputy Safeguarding Lead
- Naomi Irving, Teacher
- Shamaela Niazi, Family Team Co-ordinator
- Tracy Wilkinson, Named Governor for Safeguarding
Safeguarding children and young people is one of the most important issues facing parents, carers and those responsible for educating and empowering children and young people. For more information on keeping your child safe online follow this link to Family Support where you will find lots of guidance for online safety.
Staff with First Aid Qualifications
All room-based staff are Emergency First Aid Trained.
First Aiders with Full First Aid at Work and Paediatric Qualifications
- Nicola Farr, The Den Suites
- Rhiann Fleming, The Meadow Suite
- Jessica Whittaker, Forest School
- Serana Fielden, Office Based
First Aiders with Emergency Paediatric First Aid Qualification
- Ruth Beddoes, Antonia Addison, Charlotte Wood, Debbie Boldy, Heather Peace, Manaz Bibi, Saba Sina, Shamaela Niazi, Jess Whitaker
Mental Health First Aider
- Charlotte Wood, Family and Community Lead Coordinator