Child Protection and Safeguarding
Canterbury Nursery School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare, both physical and emotional, of every pupil both inside and outside of the school premises. We implement a whole-school preventative approach to managing safeguarding concerns, ensuring that the well-being of pupils is at the forefront of all action taken. Below we have provided details of who to contact if you have any concerns regarding a child's welfare or safety. For our full Child Protection and Safeguarding Policy click here, copies are available from reception.
If you are concerned about the safety or welfare of a child in the Bradford District, these are the numbers that you can call for advice and to make a referral:
- During office hours call Children's Social Care Initial Contact Point - 01274 435600 - (8.30am to 5pm Monday to Thursday, 8.30am to 4.30pm on Friday)
- At all other times, Social Services Emergency Duty Team - 01274 431010
- If you have reason to believe that a child is at immediate risk of harm, contact the police on 999
Click the link below to the new Government guidance on keeping children safe from abuse.
Staff with Safeguarding Responsibilities
Designated Safeguarding Lead (DSL)
- Antonia Addison, Senior Practitioner
- Jackie Bracewell, Co-Head Teacher
- Rachel Sowerby, Co-Head Teacher
- Ruth Beddoes, Deputy Head Teacher
- Emma Woodward, SENDCo
- Charlotte Wood, Family and Community Lead Co-ordinator
- Claire Collinson, Family and Community Co-ordinator/ 0.5. SEND Assistant
- Naomi Irving, Teacher
- Shamaela Niazi, Family and Community Co-ordinator for SEND
Safeguarding children and young people is one of the most important issues facing parents, carers and those responsible for educating and empowering children and young people. Please look at these guides with tips on how to keep young children safe on-line.
Always check app safety on www.net-aware.org.uk
Staff with First Aid Qualifications
All room based staff are Emergency Paediatric First Aid Trained.
First Aiders with Full First Aid at Work and Paediatric Qualifications
- Vicki Liu, The Woodland
- Rhiann Fleming, The Meadow
- Kez Rashid, The Nest
- Serana Fielden, Office Based
Mental Health First Aider
- Charlotte Wood, Family and Community Lead Coordinator