Communication and Language
Our aim is to ensure our practice gives children the best communication and language opportunities and for children to work towards achieving the early learning goals for Communication and Language.
We aim to:
- View the development of language as a fundamental and vital element in the overall development of every child.
- Develop children’s confidence in themselves as speakers.
- Have adults at hand to extend the child’s language and to be a good listener.
- Provide space and time for listening and talking in all areas of the curriculum.
- Closely liaise with parents and to share information with them. We recognise that a great deal of children’s talk refers to home experiences.
- Recognise that children whose first language is not English should have confidence and pride in using their first language whilst having opportunities to use English when appropriate.
- Monitor and record children’s spoken language and to use this information for curriculum planning.