Personal and Social Development
We recognise that each child is unique and can be resilient, capable, confident and self-assured.
We aim to:
- Ensure children feel safe and protected. That they feel valued and secure within the centre environment and to develop a feeling of trust.
- Help children be independent and able to select activities and resources and develop their own ideas.
- Develop children to show awareness and respect for the needs and feelings of themselves and others.
- Ensure that children can express their feelings and opinions freely but in an appropriate way and respond appropriately to others.
- Teach children to treat materials, equipment, their work and the work of others with respect, care and concern.
- Encourage children to ask adults and peers for help and support when needed.
- Develop self-reliance in children when caring for their personal needs.
- Help children to differentiate between acceptable and unacceptable behaviours and to learn to behave in appropriate ways.
- Teach children to negotiate with each other.
- Ensure that children respect other cultures and beliefs and respect the rights of other children.
- Support our children to respond positively to adults and form relationships with adults and peers.
- Ensure our children can make choices without fear of stereotyping/bias.
- Value our children’s background and family.